Friday, November 11, 2011

Lace scarf



I am so excited to say that I finally finished my first lace scarf! I love to knit but had never tackled any lace project. I didn't think it would be too difficult but I was wrong! I did have to rip out rows, find where I was on the chart and try to keep going! The yarn is so fine that it was hard to find a dropped stitch. I kept going because I just loved how the scarf was coming out. It is so delicate. I really love the finished product.

However, it really isn't finished. I have to block it. I have no idea how to do that. I have been doing some research and will attempt it soon.  I think after the whole blocking process, the lace pattern will be even more evident. I will post that picture whenever I complete the blocking process. I was just so happy to finish it that I had to post the picture right this minute!


This is the book that I found this pattern. It is written by Kristin Omdahl. I love the projects in this book. Lots of  great stuff to look at!

Happy Veteran"s Day to all! This includes my dad who is a Korean War veteran! Thank you for all your sacrifices!


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! What a great job, and so worth it!
    -Marlene

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...