Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby Quilt is Done!!


I am so happy to say I have finished my baby quilt! I finished it late last night. It's pretty good timing since the baby shower is this Sunday. I love the way it came out and hope the person I give it to will love it as much as I do. I love making quilts as gifts but am sort of sad to give them away. I guess I feel somewhat connected to it but I do want someone to actually use it and enjoy it.

Here's a close up of the free motion quilting. It's the only quilting I feel comfortable with other than stitching in the ditch.
I like the look of a somewhat crinkled up quilt top. The meandering adds some sort of depth to the whole quilt. I think it's a nice way to finish a quilt but I would also like to have more of a variety of stitches that I can finish a quilt. I'm back to practicing more free motion quilting!! This may take a while!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Rosemary!! I am so proud of your completion !! Hip Hip Hurray!! You did an awesome job with your quilting too!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background on this one--and your machine quilting really makes it so cozy looking. Great work. Don't you feel as if the quilt is your "baby"??? Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Rosemary!

    -Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty baby quilt! It's the perfect project
    link in to this week’s theme of Baby Quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...