Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mystery Quilt and Feathers


Here are the first two blocks I made for the guild's Mystery Quilt. I have 23 more to go! This is Block A. I'm sure there is a Block B next time. I used scraps which makes me feel as though I'm making a free quilt! It didn't cost me anything to make since it's all stuff in my stash. We'll forget the part that I paid for this fabric at some point! It's just nice to use up fabric!

Here are my messy piles of what I'm using to make the rest of Block A. I'm glad that the instructions are clear and easy to follow. It's a Judy Hopkins Mystery. She's written some great quilt patterns over the years. I hope my little mystery quilt looks good when it's done. It's a nice surprise to see what you've been working on for the past few months.


Not sure how well you can see this, but these are my latest feathers. Some days, they come out pretty good but other days, not very good! I wish I could practice everyday but it's so hard. I'm shooting for every other day. They're getting better but they're still not easy for me.

4 comments:

  1. Rosemary--Love those greyed and charcoal fabrics--this really looks pretty already--can't wait to see how it all turns out...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a "free" quilt!

    -Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. isnt it fun to use up fabric you already have...and YES it does feel as if you are making it for FREE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that block! The mystery quilts are a bit scary. LOL!
    Your feathers look good from here!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...