Thursday, April 25, 2013

EQ7 Summer Drawing Series


EQ7draw_badge

 Electric Quilt is sponsoring a summer drawing series using EQ7. I have been using EQ7 lately and feel as though I'm finally catching on to using this program. I'm starting to actually enjoy it. I've wanted to design my own quilts for awhile and this program is really helping me try out different designs. This series should really help me become more proficient.

It begins May 1 and is absolutely free! You design one block a month and sew it. There will be a link up for each block each month.  It lasts 4 months. We'll be able to make a table runner or wall hanging with the blocks we've made. I think it will be fun.

I plan on participating. Anyone want to join?? You can click on the badge to the right of this post to link up to Electric Quilt blog.


10 comments:

  1. Ya baby!!!! I wanna play too!!!! Maybe we can do this series together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Sally! We can play together!! We'll be having fun for sure!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like fun. I've never figured out how to design applique blocks with EQ. This might be a good chance to commit to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a fun learning experience. We can help each other too! So glad you're taking part in it!

      Delete
  3. I have never use EQ, put have been following another drawing animals hop with EQ7. I am really thinking about getting it, but I just do not have the time to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to put time into it so you're able to use it. I really wish it was easier but it is nice when you've finally figured it out! Hope you get it and try!!

      Delete
  4. I am thinking about it. Did the Blockbase Sew Along up to Block 10...unfortunately then I fell fell off due to sickness, work, life etc..
    Maybe this could work when several of us participate...I have their drawing book and it is definitely amazing what you can do. Of course, I never worked my way through the book as yet, so this could be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to learn to use EQ7 so much better than I do right now. If we do it together, we can ask each other questions. Hope you take part in it and can help me through it!!

      Delete
  5. The EQ7 looks like a great way to learn the software. I have EQ5 and love using it. I have done some drawing. It is a bit tedious to draw with EQ5. The more I use it I learn ways to make it easier. If I had time I would jump on this project but I don't. I have way too many WIPS to finish. I should be quilting rather than playing with all my quilting friends! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you were taking part in the Summer Drawing Series. It would be nice to be able to ask each other questions. I also should keep working on my UFO's but I'm hoping one block a month isn't too time consuming! Thanks for the blog visit!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...