Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Shrug



 
I have a few projects in progress but I did finish one! My summer shrug is in the process of being blocked. I think it will be a nice little sweater to have handy during the summer when air conditioning gets too cold. It was fairly easy to knit. Due to the loose fit, I didn't have to worry too much about proper fitting. I'm not very good at fitting knitted items. I'd rather knit a scarf or pair of socks where fitting isn't so crucial.

 
We've been watching the Boston Bruins during Stanley Cup finals. I finished this cute little hexagon last night while watching the game! I think hexagons are great projects during the summer. They're nice, small and not too hot! It's storming out so I think I'll stay in and find something else to sew!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Where have you been?? Haven't heard from you lately!!

      Delete
  2. Love the shrug. I always like to have a lightweight sweater on hand when I go anywhere with air conditioning. (Gawd! I sound like such an old lady!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must sound old too since I knit myself one! Haha!!

      Delete
  3. Well done, love the bright colours in the hexie.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Gifts

        I've been so busy and I'm still working on making just a few more Christmas gifts. Why don't I ever start early?? B...