Friday, September 27, 2013

Ornaments and Downton Knitting


                                                                                
 
 
I've got 4 ornaments done for my Christmas table runner. I'll applique them by hand when I'm done the remaining 5 ornaments. I like to applique by hand and am not really sure how I would applique by machine since the table runner is all quilted and bound. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing to see the machine stitches on the back. I think if I hand applique, the stitches won't even show.

Here's a few pictures of my ornaments while I was working on them. I used freezer paper which I then basted while turning the edge under.


 
 

You can see my basting stitches on the larger pieces. I just appliqued the gold embellishment onto the larger piece. I took the freezer paper out of the gold pieces before I finished my applique. Five more ornaments to go. I find it so relaxing. I'm sitting on the couch with the cat near me while I stitch and watch tv! What could be better?!
 
I went to Barnes & Noble today and found quite the surprise! Look!!
 
 
It's a knit magazine devoted to the time period of Downton Abbey! Such gorgeous projects.. It's very similar to Jane Austen Knits which comes out next month. More to look forward to!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love having handwork to do when watching TV. Makes me feel so much more productive.
    I'm almost ready to start my Jane Austen scarf.... I still have to sew my son's sweater together, but at least the collar is done now, and one shoulder. :-)
    My reward for finishing that sweater is getting to start my Jane Austen scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love that Jane Austen scarf! Love the projects in that magazine. I want to seen your son's sweater when it's done. A sweater is a huge project!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your appliqué table runner! I have an idea for something similar, but haven't had time to begin. :) Can't watch Downton Abbey here, I've only heard of it... Looks like gorgeous knitting projects. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you start your table runner soon and then we can admire each other's work! Downton Abbey is wonderful! Wish you could enjoy it too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Your ornaments will be so pretty on a table runner! I enjoy doing handwork also. I finally finished knitting my cardigan and just need to sew on the buttons. Hopefully, I'll get it posted sometime in the coming week! I've been woefully neglectful of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your next post so I can see that cardigan!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...