Saturday, May 3, 2014

Halfway Done!




I have completed 10 blocks for the Tone It Down Quilt Along sponsored by American Patchwork and Quilting. Of course, I started late and my pace is a bit slow but I'm getting there! The blocks are 15.5 inches square. There will be a total of 20 blocks that will be separated with sashing and very small (2.5 inch square) 9-patch blocks. These blocks include lots of cutting and lots of sewing but I love them!


These are my latest blocks. I already have the colored fabrics picked for the next 2 blocks. I just have to start cutting that fabric. Maybe tomorrow??

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Lots of work but totally worth it!

      Delete
  2. This just lovely--I like those little blocks, too! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Thanks for all the kind words!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this...certainly seems to involve a lot of little bits and pieces. Not sure I have the patience. This will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of pieces but it comes out so good! I have to keep going and finish it. Must keep reminding myself!

      Delete
  4. I did not realize there were 20 blocks all together. That's a lot of piecing! Good thing you are spreading it out over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be a pretty big quilt! I think spreading it out is the best way. It gets too tedious to do it all at once.

      Delete
  5. This is a beauty - so fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great block and wonderful to be using my stash.

      Delete
  6. I fell in love with this pattern the first time I saw it!!! You are doing a beautiful job of this one!!!! Hugs................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nice words! I love that you visited my blog!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...