Dresden Plate Border




 I finished machine quilting the Dresden Plate quilt today! Finally! I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish the border. The pattern had directions for a scalloped border. I was afraid it would be too difficult. However, I cut out the pattern for the scalloped edge and it didn't look too awful. I'll have to make bias binding to accommodate the scallop. I think (and hope!) I can do it!


Here's a close up of the scalloped edge. My daughter helped me. It was so nice to work on my quilt with her. She doesn't sew or quilt but maybe someday!


We also had another helper with us. Molly, our kitten, had to get in on the fun! She mostly just laid on it. I guess she was trying it out!

I'm going to get the binding ready and finish it up next week. It's always so nice to finish a project you love! Such a great feeling!

Comments

  1. Love that border--it goes so nicely with the plates--what a lovely quilt--you must be excited to get it done! Have fun sewing this weekend Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will be thrilled to finish this up!

      Delete
  2. The scalloped edges came out great, and really add to the quilt! Congrats on having the courage to try out a new technique which involved taking a cutting tool to a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little scary but I did it! Hope I get the binding right!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabrics in this Dresden Plate and love the scalloped borders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The quilting took longer than I expected but it's done!

      Delete
  4. Rosemary your Dresden plate quilt is awesome, I love the colours and the border is perfect.
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so nice, Pauline! I can't wait to get the binding on it! So nice to finish up something!

      Delete
  5. That looks fantastic. I have never tried scalloped borders...just too intimidating! But so worth it, goes really well with your DPs and really sets this off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. It wasn't really that difficult. I didn't find sewing the binding on to be anymore difficult. Kind of a fun way to finish the quilt!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Microwave Bowl Cozy Tutorial

More on Scrap Project

My Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt