Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas to me!!


As I buy Christmas gifts for friends and family, I also manage to buy myself a few quilty things! I plan on making this quilt sometime next year. Part of the fun for me is finding all the fabric I'll need to make a specific project.  I always try to find it on sale somewhere.  I always feel better if I don't pay full price!

Each block uses 2 sets of fabrics. As you can see, one set is a little lighter than the other. I don't buy solids too often but I really love the way these colors look all together.


Each block also needs a light (white), medium (gray) and dark (black). That's what I have left to buy.
I'll have to see where I can get it at a great price!

I'm still wrapping gifts. I'm hoping to finish them up tomorrow. I want to be completely done with everything so I can sit back and enjoy the holiday. Hope you're all finishing up too!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a great looking pattern. It will be fun to see your progress.
    Haven't wrapped a thing yet over here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might take awhile to get this one going! Just finished wrapping today. I keep thinking I forgot something. Hope I figure it out!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you indeed! Have fun & enjoy the celebration 😊
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! Fascinating pattern......a bit of a kaleidoscope feel. I, too, don't generally go the solid route but those choices should be the perfect ones for this pattern. I look forward to your future progress on this one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! Hope I do okay with all this paper piecing. It's been awhile since I've done any. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that will be a spectacular quilt, rosemary--try Connecting threads--they are having a huge sale--how's that for being an enabler, lol--Merry Christmas hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll look into that! Have a wonderful holiday!!

      Delete
  5. have fun x will be watching to see how it all turns out x Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works out okay, Diane!! May have to practice a bit. Have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  6. That is some quilt pattern. Love the use of solids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I hope I can make it! I've done paper piecing before but this one looks difficult!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...