The monster quilt has been finished and delivered to my mother! She put it on her bed as soon as I gave it to her. I finished it this morning. It was actually still a little damp when I brought it to her house. It's a little big for her bed but that's okay. She's going to use it like a bedspread and fold her pillows in it.
This binding is the best one I've ever done! It was nice and straight. I really love sewing a 3/8" seam allowance instead of 1/4". It just seems more sturdy somehow.
Here's my label. It's nothing fancy. I just use the letters available on my sewing machine. It's amazing how quickly you forget what year a quilt was finished. I always try to add a label when I finish any project. I've also signed the back and added a date as well.
Here's a little sneak peek to my next machine quilting project. I was sort of disappointed. The kit for the wall hanging included a backing. When I went to layer it with the batting and quilt top, I found it was way too small to use. I have plenty of other fabric but I thought it was sad that the supplied fabric couldn't be used.