Monday, March 23, 2015

Some Progress


Here's my kitty getting a little hand quilting.  I'm just going around the eyes and nose. I haven't hand quilted is such a long time. I ended up poking myself and bleeding on the wall hanging. My hand is sore today! I should practice hand quilting more often. Years ago, that was the only way I finished quilts.  Machine quilting has really taken over for me!


Here's Block #2, Peacock Feathers! I still have 2 wedges to piece. I'm trying to sew the wedges together as I go along. It's no fun putting these wedges together and lining everything up. It's nice to be able to sew a few together instead of all at once. It would probably drive me crazy!! I can take it better in a smaller time frame.

6 comments:

  1. Loving kitty (I always get pricked when i haven't hand quilted in a long time--it takes a while to get back into the swing of it I think). Tell Kitty to keep his claws sheathes lol Love those wedges--they look fantastic...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment! Always so nice to hear from you!!

      Delete
  2. You are such an excellent hand quilter, I am sure it will come back to you very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's going to take some time! It's been so long!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...