Sunday, May 17, 2015

Baking and Churning!!




Here are my first 5 blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along. The top row are blocks from the first 2 weeks. The bottom row are my new blocks featured this week.


Butter Churn is the top block and Baking Day is on the bottom. They all measure 6 1/2 inches square.

I found the first blocks very challenging. I haven't pieced difficult blocks in a long time! This week's blocks seemed to be easier. I followed the directions and had no problems at all.

I love this little sew along. I'm using fabric from my stash. (Free quilt!) The blocks are so darn cute! I just can't resist! There are 45 blocks that make up this quilt. I have a long way to go! I'm hoping I can keep up!

7 comments:

  1. Such cute blocks--and I like your color choices--baking day is so cute! Nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to use up my stash and make something that's actually cute!

      Delete
  2. Very cute, and I like your cheerful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chick and the bowl. I would love to make the bowl one into a potholder for a special niece. so so cute. your quilt will be very nice. sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are making pin cushions out of them too! It's so nice to have different options! It's fun to make these blocks. They're small and don't usually take too long. (Notice I said usually!!?)

      Delete
  4. Hey(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑ I'm new here~~Play Archeage?Follow 2archeage

    Cheap Archeage Gold ------ Archeage Gold

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...