Sunday, May 3, 2015
Blooming, block 5 of Arcadia Avenue, is complete! The wedges were rather easy to sew but sewing them together proved to be a bit more difficult. As you can see, that center has to be just right! I tried it about 4 different times before I was satisfied. I will say "satisfied" since it's still not perfect. It's good enough and I was getting tired of doing that one seam over and over again. It looks better in the picture than it does in person! I think I'll like it better once all the paper is removed. That's going to be a fun job! (Not really!!)
Here are the 5 blocks all together! So fun to make! This quilt has to be one of my favorites so far. It's like getting a surprise with every block. I'm always afraid a block might end up being too hard for me so I'm so happy when it's done! I can actually do this! Block 6 is already underway. I'm almost halfway done!
I thought you'd like to see Molly and her cupcake! She's one year old! My little 4-patch kitty is now a cat! (But she still acts like a kitten!) She wasn't interested in the cupcake. That's okay! It wasn't a problem to get rid of it!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Can't believe it's May already. It really felt like Spring today. At last!!
at May 03, 2015
Here's the vintage quilt with the binding all attached! I can't believe this quilt is finished. It felt like a privilege to me ...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
I finished it! It's my version of the Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt. It's my version because I used 42 blocks and made it ...