I finally started to free motion quilt the sashing of the Ladies of Downton Abbey quilt. I had originally wanted to quilt this loopy pattern but I saw a few other patterns to consider. I tried quilting them and didn't like it very much, I tried to practice them but they still didn't look that good. So, I decided to go back to my original idea.
I'm glad I finally started it! I feel it complements the quilting I've done on the blocks. I think the amount of quilting will be consistent throughout the quilt. That's always a good thing! The picture above shows the back of the quilt.
This picture isn't the best but you can see the variegated thread surrounding 2 sides of this block. I'm glad I went with this pattern. There's a lot of sashing on this quilt but I'm happy I've started on it. Sometimes that first step is the hardest!!