Monday, July 13, 2015
FMQ Downton Abbey Update
I just wanted to show you the progress I've made quilting Ladies of Downton Abbey. I have the body of the quilt all quilted. I have the borders and set in triangles along the borders ready to quilt. I'm still trying to decide how to quilt those areas. I tend to make decisions when I reach that area.
I think you can see the quilting in this picture. I made my loops in the sashing. I wasn't sure if I would like it as I was actually quilting. When I finished and looked at the quilt as a whole, I liked the result and was really happy with the choices I had made.
I like the quilting in each block. It looks really nice in person. Choosing a quilt design is always a gamble with me. I'm not sure if I will like it or if it will look good. I just have to make myself stop overthinking it and just do it!
I love the back! You can really see the quilting! I used King Tut thread by Superior in a variegated beige/light brown.
The border is less than 3 inches wide. I may just choose a Free Motion Design. Still not sure!! I'll share once I have some quilting done!
I finally started machine quilting the scrap quilt I made a little while ago. It took me forever to decide what to do with that border....
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...