Thursday, July 23, 2015

Two More Shawls



I've been working on a few shawls over the last few months. This one is called Psh-Shawl by Joyce Fassbender. The great thing about this pattern is it's free from KnitPicks. I really loved that this pattern recommends a DK weight yarn. It's nice to knit up a shawl that isn't lace weight or sock weight. This one actually felt heavy to me. It was a nice change. Finished measurements are 50 inches wide by 25 inches deep.


This picture gives you a better idea of the color of the yarn. The pattern is made up of interlocking squares. It was a fun shawl to make. I couldn't block it very well. I think the heavier yarn kept the edges straight instead of the nice points you can get with a lighter weight yarn. I really didn't mind. This is a nice heavy shawl that I will love this winter.


This pattern is Ladybug by Jen Lucas. I love her patterns. Striped yarn isn't recommended since it make the lace harder to see. I love using striped yarn! I think it makes the shawl really fun. You can see the lace if you look close enough.


I love the colors of this yarn. It's off white with a pale blue and gray that becomes a navy blue. It's so interesting to see the shawl develop with this color scheme.


I just had to include this picture. I think Lily was quite interested in my knitting and wanted to help. Too bad she got tired and fell asleep instead! She kept me company anyways!

4 comments:

  1. Cozy knitting, a comfy couch and a sleeping kitty...the picture of domestic bliss! Love both the shawls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I love when my cats like to snuggle!

      Delete
  2. Lovely shawls, Rosemary; the interlocking squares looks like an interesting one to make. Nice to hear you are a rebel and do what you like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raewyn! I don't really look like a rebel but it's nice to surprise people! So glad you like the shawls!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...