Friday, August 28, 2015

Ladybug Shawl


Here is Ladybug, a shawl pattern, by Jen Lucas. It's from her book, Sock-Yarn Shawls. I did use sock yarn to make this shawl!



I finished it on Tuesday. However, the stitches are all scrunched up. It looks pretty awful until it gets blocked. I'm new at blocking. I basically look at the finished dimensions. I wash the shawl and then try to stretch it out to the dimensions it's supposed to be. I usually just pin it to my formal living room carpet. I throw a towel over it so the cats don't pick out the pins. (They love doing that!)


Since the yarn is thin, it usually dries overnight. I love this shawl! I use shawls in the winter as a scarf. I love wearing them. They make great gifts too!!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh--this is so gorgeous--just as soon as my last sock is done I am starting the Yowza #3 shawl with some Miss Babs yarn...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I love knitting shawls. They're so pretty and will keep us warm this winter. (Not that I'm looking forward to that.)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful pattern. The first photo really shows it off. You must a a shawl for every day of the week now. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I guess you can't have enough shawls!! Haha!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...