Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Farmgirl Finish!


Farmgirl Vintage is finally done! I finished the blocks a few months ago. The flying geese border took a long time to complete. However, now that the borders are on the quilt, I feel the flying geese look great. Definitely worth the time! Excuse the wrinkles. I had actually ironed this top very nicely. My cats decided to play with it and it became quite messy again.


Here's a closeup of one of the corners. The flying geese fit very nicely. I really love the look of the three different borders. It adds so much to the quilt top.

This quilt gets added to my quilting queue. I have one quilt I'm quilting and 2 tops waiting to be finished.  I just don't have enough hours in the day!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I agree-those geese really make it look countrified!! Lovely finish of your piecing....hugs Have a Happy Thanksgiving Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those flying geese were such a pain but I'm glad I made them! Enjoy the holiday!

      Delete
  2. Love it...that turned out really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! Took awhile but so glad I didn't give up! It's always a great feeling when you finish!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanie! I learned a lot making this quilt. So glad I didn't give up!!

      Delete
  4. Can't look at this quilt and not smile. It's so cheerful, and the bright sunny yellow border is perfect. It's been fun seeing this quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! This quilt was a lot of fun to make. I'm so glad I made it and kept up with the sew along.

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! I love this book and everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This book is so wonderful! So many great patterns to make! I love it too!!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...