Monday, November 16, 2015

Farmgirl Vintage


Farmgirl Vintage is almost done! That flying geese border took me such a long time to make. I had to make 106 units. It took me about one month. I decided to paper piece them. I was afraid I'd get messy (lazy) and not make them very well. Anytime I have to make a huge amount of anything, I can get sloppy. Each long side took 30 units. The shorter sides took 23 each. I feel they came out perfectly since I took my time. I would only make 15 at a time. Thanks to other projects, this seemed to work out the best for me.


I went to my local quilt shop to try and find fabric for the last border I have left. I wanted a golden yellow with a little bit of red in it. I found the perfect fabric! The minute I saw it, I had to buy it!


I put the border fabric along one of the border edges. I really like it! So glad I bought it! I need to wash and iron it first. I can't believe this quilt top is almost complete! It's such a fun quilt. Most of these fabrics came from my stash so I'll consider it a "free" quilt also!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and cheerful quilt, especially with that sunny yellow border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt--your blocks are just so cute..and that border is a find--just perfect...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I had fun making this quilt but it's time to finish it up!

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's looking great! The border is perfect, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raewyn! Fun quilt but looking forward to finishing it too!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...