Thursday, February 18, 2016

More Blocks


I'm only 4 blocks shy of piecing this quilt top together. I need 49 blocks and I have 45 done. The remaining blocks will each be made of 4 mini blocks. I haven't even started to cut the strips yet. I'm hoping they won't take too long. I can't wait to finish this quilt top!


These are the 12 blocks I just completed yesterday. Some of these blocks have weird combinations of prints which I did on purpose. I think they will all blend nicely when I determine the final setting of the blocks.


I made more progress on Sweet Tea and Green Beans. This is such fun! I love finding the perfect color/print to complete my block. It's nice to be able to applique again. I love how busy these blocks are! I don't think I've made anything like this before.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely projects--love those squares--almost there!! Your Sweet tea is so cute...love those flowers hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julierose! I'm having such fun with these projects!!

      Delete
  2. 2 great projects made entirely from stash! Free quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Free is good! So is using up that stash!!

      Delete
  3. love both your projects. that sweet tea is so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! They're both fun and I love making them my own way on my own time table. I've done 2 sew alongs lately that tired me out!

    ReplyDelete

My Busy Longarm!

Here's the vintage quilt with the binding all attached! I can't believe this quilt is finished. It felt like a privilege to me ...