Saturday, March 12, 2016

More Projects


The scrap quilt has been sewn together! It didn't take very long to piece. My next step is to iron it very nicely and prepare the backing. I plan on quilting an all over pattern on it. I feel the pattern is busy enough. I think a meander would complement this quilt the best.


I've started to play with my 1930's blocks on the design wall. They actually look very pretty with the white background! I have to get the fabric ready to set the blocks. I'll get there eventually! The weather has been nice. I like to wash my fabric and put it out on my deck to dry. Hope the weather cooperates!


I'm working on 3 Nickita bags. As you can see, the zippers have been attached. This picture shows the lining. I still have to sew the sides together and turn them inside out! I'm off the next few days and hope to work on these projects. 

8 comments:

  1. Your scrap quilt is a gloriously fun quilt and I think a meander will be perfect! Also your 1930s are fresh and pretty - I wonder what colour you will come up with for the setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raewyn! I'll probable set the 1930's blocks with a very light fabric, probably white since it goes so nicely. I was thinking of a tone on tone white but haven't decided for sure! Will be auditioning some fabrics!

      Delete
  2. Bet you will have fun quilting the scrap quilt. No special areas to concentrate on, just go for it!
    The Farmer's Wife blocks have a nice Spring-like look that goes perfectly with this weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I hope to get that meandering done very quickly! I also thought the 1930's blocks looked very much like Spring. They really look so pretty together. Still have to play with the blocks on the design wall.

      Delete
  3. Loving your scrappy flimsy--so pretty--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julierose! It's so nice to finish a project! Great feeling!

      Delete
  4. your quilts look so scrappy and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...