Friday, April 15, 2016

Farmer's Wife 1930's Progress


I had a nice sewing day today. I got so immersed in my projects that I lost all track of time. In my book, that's the sign of a good day! As you can see, I'm sewing together Farmer's Wife 1930's. I opted to make a smaller quilt made up of 42 blocks. There are 99 blocks available in this book. I used half of the blocks I made today. This piece measures about 25" X 60".


Here's a view of the 3 strips of blocks on the design wall. I'm not sure why but my cats love hitting the design wall from the back and watching the blocks fall off. I don't understand why they enjoy that so much! I took a picture with my phone so I can see where each blocks goes. Silly kitties!


This is just a little picture to show you how each square is prepared before sewn together. I thought this was going to be such a long process. I was so wrong! Once the triangles have been cut, it's actually quick! I sew the triangles to one side of the blocks for one strip. I chain piece each side. Not too bad!! I'm hoping to have all 6 rows sewed together sometime next week. I'm working tomorrow so I won't be able to work on this project for a few days. Hate it when work interferes with my quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! This will look great. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! As I'm piecing it together, I keep wondering how I'm going to quilt this one! I'll have to come up with something!!

      Delete
  2. These blocks look beautiful together--anxious to see it all done--and with your enviable MQ skills, it'll be super....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you so much, Julierose! Hope I don't disappoint! Enjoy the warm weather!

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty! The white background gives it such a fresh look, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trying to find border fabric now. Looking for the perfect fabric!!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...