Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Farmgirl Vintage Update FMQ
I finally started to quilt Farmgirl Vintage. I decided to quilt each block individually. I just couldn't do an allover pattern when each block is so unique. I've managed to quilt 4 blocks so far. This first picture is a variation of a bear paw. It was called Chicken Foot Block. I quilted arcs in the triangles and loops in the squares. I didn't decide ahead of time. I just sat down and tried to figure out what would work best.
I meandered around the chick in the Baby Chick Block. I outlined the heart as well as her little wing. I felt a little feather would be cute in her wing!!
I outlined the barn and windows in the Old Red Barn Block. I made little loops inside each patch and quilted clamshells in the background.
I outlined each patch in Spring Star Block and meandered in the background.
These 4 blocks took very little time to quilt since they're only 6 inches square. I was planning on quilting more today but it's so warm. I sat outside and got some fresh air. It actually feels like summer! I couldn't resist since I'm working the next 3 days. I'm hoping to post more quilted blocks soon!!
at May 25, 2016
I finally started machine quilting the scrap quilt I made a little while ago. It took me forever to decide what to do with that border....
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...