Sunday, June 12, 2016

Weekend Catchup!


This is the progress I've made so far on my scrap quilt. I'm working on the two remaining sides. The two sides need a total of 180 2.5" squares. I wanted to get them all cut out before doing any sewing.



This pile is made up of the 180 squares I need to finish the 2 sides. It took me all week to cut them. The hardest part was looking through my stash and finding the many fabrics. I used to belong to a club where I would receive twenty 4 inch squares every month. Those squares came in very handy!



As a diversion, I made this little fabric basket. If you're interested in making one, you can find the directions here. I think it would make a great gift. You can fill it with so many different items. I was thinking of adding ribbons to each corner. So fun!



My husband and I haven't been out to eat lately due to his addiction to golf. But we went out last night and I had this great drink! It was called a Pina Colada-tini! So good! Nice way to enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're having lots of fun, playing in the scrap bin! A fancy drink sounds like a great reward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying looking through my stash. I have so much fabric I forgot I even had! I needed that drink Saturday night. So busy at work Saturday morning. It was therapeutic!!

      Delete
  2. This piece is really coming together so well; I spent a year doing squares-works--the cutting is the hardest part and finding enough different fabrics, too...that drink looks amazing! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Yes, finding enough fabrics and then cutting is very time consuming! I've been cutting for the last week! That drink was great! I needed it!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Such a pain cutting out those squares but so worth it!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...