Thursday, August 4, 2016
I bought a Grab 'n Sew Kit a few years ago. This kit included just about everything needed to make this Firenze bag designed by Pat Bravo. I had to supply my own interfacing. I have a few kits just sitting around and thought it would be nice to work on a small project for a change.
Here's a peek into the interior of the bag. I would have liked to orient the pockets differently but I didn't have enough fabric.
The kit also includes this heavy cording for the handles. It took a little while to work them inside the fabric!
But I did it!
Here's one side of the bag after the 2 halves were sewn together. I managed to work in a zipper also. That was the hardest part. I'm more comfortable with zippers than I used to be but they can still be challenging. The zipper was also included in the kit.
I sewed around the edges and turned it inside out. I also added a few rosettes to each side of the bag. The instructions were to sew 5 rosettes to one side of the bag. I had enough fabric for 6 rosettes so I added 3 to each side!
I'm trying to hold off starting another quilt until I finish quilting Farmgirl Vintage. I just don't have the time. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with too many projects. These little projects are perfect!
I hate having to say that my dad passed away 2 days ago. He was 90 years old so he did live to a ripe age. However, I just wasn't r...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...