Thursday, August 4, 2016

Firenze Bag


I bought a Grab 'n Sew Kit a few years ago. This kit included just about everything needed to make this Firenze bag designed by Pat Bravo. I had to supply my own interfacing. I have a few kits just sitting around and thought it would be nice to work on a small project for a change. 


Here's a peek into the interior of the bag. I would have liked to orient the pockets differently but I didn't have enough fabric. 


The kit also includes this heavy cording for the handles. It took a little while to work them inside the fabric!


But I did it!


Here's one side of the bag after the 2 halves were sewn together. I managed to work in a zipper also. That was the hardest part. I'm more comfortable with zippers than I used to be but they can still be challenging. The zipper was also included in the kit.

I sewed around the edges and turned it inside out. I also added a few rosettes to each side of the bag. The instructions were to sew 5 rosettes to one side of the bag. I had enough fabric for 6 rosettes so I added 3 to each side!

I'm trying to hold off starting another quilt until I finish quilting Farmgirl Vintage. I just don't have the time. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with too many projects. These little projects are perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! How handy to have a kit at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em. I have quite a few kits. I should use them up!!

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet--love it--very girly..nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Sometimes, a quick project is just what you need!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...