Sunday, December 11, 2016

Arcadia Avenue Quilted Diamonds


I finally decided how to quilt those big diamonds in Arcadia Avenue. They're fairly large. Each side measures 10 inches. I subdivided them into 4 diamonds where each side measures 5 inches.


I marked 4 one inch increments in the middle of each new diamond. I made a line that went from the top of the diamond, through the 1 inch mark, and then down to the very bottom of the diamond. That creates 5 areas to be quilted.


I quilted loops going back and forth in some of those areas. I quilted in 3 areas for 2 of the diamonds and 2 areas in the other 2 diamonds. I got the idea from Angela Walters book, Shape by Shape, Collection 2. She has the best designs. There are so many and it's very easy to mix and match them. 

I hope you can see my quilting in these pictures. It gets dark so early! I keep running out of daylight! You can open the images in a new tab and the detail is much better.

4 comments:

  1. Love what you've done!!!! Angela's books are full of great inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! Her books are full of inspiration! I buy a lot of her books and so glad to actually use them!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a nice way to give dimension to the large diamonds, without detracting from the beautiful paper pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! So hard to pick a design but I liked this one and decided to just go for it!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...