Monday, May 29, 2017

Quiet Memorial Day

No automatic alt text available.

I haven't done much sewing or quilting at all. I'm still adjusting to the passing of my dad. However, I would like to get to Arcadia Avenue soon. I finished this block up last week. This is the 10th block out of 12. 

No automatic alt text available.

Here's a closeup of what I've done. I outlined the seams in the middle black star. I stitched in the ditch in the gray/white areas. I made little arcs in each of the little colored squares. I quilted lines in the smaller outer triangles. I made wishbones in the larger outer triangles. I like how this block turned out.

I've been watching television and sewing down the binding on my scrap quilt. I hope I start up sewing again soon. I have the next few days off and I think it would make me feel better. 

6 comments:

  1. it is tough when you lose your parents. hugs and prayers for comfort in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. Hoping my quilting is therapeutic if I ever get the urge to get back to it.

      Delete
  2. My heart goes out to you...hugs for comfort...
    Arcadia quilting is so beautiful Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose. I guess I just need time. I don't think it's ever easy.

      Delete
  3. The quilting on this is gorgeous - you are making progress one step at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raewyn! I'm getting through it a little bit at a time but it's getting done!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...