Thursday, July 20, 2017

Doily and Slabs


I just finished my knit doily. I think it came out pretty good. I didn't like sewing on the border but it wasn't that bad. This picture shows the doily all blocked.

Image may contain: indoor

This is the doily before I blocked it. I had already sewn the border on. It reminded me of a beret! 

Image may contain: indoor

I washed the doily and then pinned it on my board. This board had a great 12 inch circle already printed on it. It was so easy to pin the doily to the proper size. I laid a piece of saran wrap below the doily so my board wouldn't get soaked. I took advantage of the weather and let it dry outside. So easy!!

No automatic alt text available.

Turning my attention to my lovely slabs! I have some nice fabric to sash and border the blocks. This will be such a great table runner!

8 comments:

  1. Oh your doily is so delicate and lovely. I've only heard of crocheted doilies before...that is some fancy knitting...
    I have to get going on my slabs, too hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I think crocheted doilies are more common. I like knitting so I try to find patterns. They're very similar to knitting lace. Enjoy the heat!!

      Delete
  2. I love your slabs. they are so fun and remind me of strawberry and kiwi..... a great runner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that color combo. Reminds me of nature! Can't wait to work on it!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty doily. I can't imagine how hard it is to knit one. Is there a chart you have to follow?
    I like the colors you chose for your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! This one didn't have a chart but some doilies do have them. I've always loved pink and green together. I should garden but I kill everything!!

      Delete
  4. Rosemary the doily is so beautiful...my mom always had them on our bureaus!
    Love the colors on the table runner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! So glad you found my blog! I love doilies but they're not as easy to find anymore. They're quick to make. The table runner is from a block swap. Quilting fun!!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...