Friday, August 11, 2017

Vacation - Part 2

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

We visited Portsmouth, NH this past week. Such a great day! Walked all over downtown and ate a great lunch. Of course, I found a quilt shop! This is the Portsmouth Fabric Company. The shop is not very large but it is just packed with Kaffe Fassett, Tula Pink  and other beautiful fabrics. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is what I ended up buying. It's 8 fat quarters of Tilda Harvest by Art Gallery Fabrics. I just loved the colors. It's not my usual palette so I just had to have it! I would have stayed longer in this shop but my husband was waiting for me. There really wasn't a place for him to sit. I was happy with my purchase anyways!

Image may contain: tree, house, sky, grass, plant, outdoor and nature

There are many historical sites to visit in Portsmouth. This is the home of John Paul Jones. I wish we could have gone inside but it wasn't open the day we were visiting. I love the look of this house. 

Image may contain: text

This is the plaque on the house. I guess that makes it official!

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

We also went to the Salisbury Beach the next day. The waves were pretty wild. I thought the water was freezing! I loved sitting on the sand and reading. So relaxing. I used sunscreen but still managed to get a sunburn. We were planning on returning to the beach but our sunburns kept us from going back. 

We went shopping at the Merrimack Outlets yesterday. I got some great deals on a few shirts. Today, we stayed home and caught up on housework. I can't believe my week is almost over! Not looking forward to going back to work!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy you had a nice vacation! We love Maine! I haven't been to the Quilt shop you mentioned have to do a road trip! Portsmouth is awesome! Love it! Also have not ever been to the Portsmouth Fabric Co! I agree the ocean water has been so cold this year! I love your Arcadia! I cannot believe all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice comment, Erin! Thanks so much! I had a great vacation this year. Too bad it's over so darn fast!!

      Delete
  2. Love those fabrics you bought, especially the one on top! If your husband needed a place to sit, I see a very nice bench right out there on the sidewalk in your photo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I wish I had seen that bench. I might have had more time in the quilt shop!!

      Delete
  3. Oh what a lovely vacation day...We love Salisbury beach--my grandgirls go there a lot. Lovely fabric set you purchased--you were so good to only get that...;}}}
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I had a really nice time. Vacations go by way too fast!!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...