Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Whole Cloth Quilting

Image may contain: indoor

I told you in my last post that I bought the Longarm Quilting Workbook by Teresa Silva. I marked my whole cloth table runner this past weekend. This picture shows how much quilting I've done so far on this piece. It's so hard to get a decent picture of a small quilt on the longarm. There are all sorts of shadows. I think if you ignore the blue lines, you can get an idea of what I've been doing. I did some free motion quilting as well as ruler work. There are a few patterns I've never tried before. 

Image may contain: indoor

It's not perfect by any means, but I'm happy with it. I feel I still have to learn how to control the weight of the longarm. Sometimes, I feel it controls me! Working on a small piece requires good control to keep your stitching in a specific area. That's something I'm still working on. I think that just comes with experience. I think this whole cloth piece is just perfect for helping me increase that control. I'm not sure I'll be using this as a table runner. The wall behind my longarm is completely bare. This piece might make a nice wall hanging. I'll decide when it's done!

8 comments:

  1. Looking really beautiful...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! It's so nice to learn something and have something to show at the same time!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! Hope you had a nice time at Connections!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...