Thursday, May 24, 2018

Antique Double Wedding Ring

No automatic alt text available.

This is a close up of an antique Double Wedding Ring quilt top I bought a while back. I just couldn't resist it! It's in great shape. I will have to reinforce seams since some of them are quite loose. I bought a heavier batting for this project. I felt it would make the quilt a bit stronger since the quilt top is on the thin side.

No automatic alt text available.

This is the whole quilt top. It measures about 87" X 101". It's a great size. It was made in the 1940's.  I'm planning my quilting patterns. I'm going to practice on the longarm before I load this. It's such a pretty quilt that I want to finish it the best way I can for the quilter who made the top so many years ago. Most of this quilt was machine pieced but there are some seams that were hand pieced.

Image may contain: flower

This is the backing I chose. It's from the Anne of Green Gables line. I thought it would be perfect for this vintage quilt! I can't wait to start quilting this but I'm going to finish a few projects first. I'm half done hand sewing the binding On Ringo Lake and my borders are almost ready to be sewn onto the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. I want to finish both of these projects before I get completely engrossed in this beautiful Double Wedding Ring. 

10 comments:

  1. What a great find! I'll have to check back to see what quilt patterns you choose. The Anne of Green Gables floral print is lovely. Good luck finishing your other projects so you can focus on the Double Wedding Ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! I'll certainly be posting pictures once I start quilting. Please check back and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful quilt and I bet your quilting will make it gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope my quilting works out!! Have a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! Rosemary I love it and can hardly wait for you to quilt this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I hope I pick the right quilt patterns! I'll need to practice and then will go for it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely Dbl Wedding ring you have--what a fabulous find!!
    It will be simply stunning with your quilting on it hugs for a Happy Memorial day weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Hope I can quilt it properly! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see what you do with the quilting on this one. It deserves to get a new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I do it justice, Em! I'll need to practice a little bit before I get started.

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...