Thursday, June 28, 2018

Challenge Quilt/Step Down Quilt

No automatic alt text available.

Here's my finished Step Down Quilt! I loved making this since it was quick and didn't take too much effort! It measures about 80" X 60". It's a fun quilt to make. I tried to keep my darker fabrics towards the middle of the quilt top. Due to the step look, some of the darker pieces seemed to migrate to the sides but that's fine with me. I'm going to try different free motion quilting motifs in each of the blocks. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is the quilt top before I trimmed it. So fun and so nice to finish something quickly for a change! If you'd like to see Dawn's Step Down quilt, you can see it here. Dawn found this pattern and made it into a challenge for a few of us. It's always so much fun to make a quilt with friends. Thanks, Dawn!!

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely finish on this one--Nice to use up bigger blocks--i have a bunch of layer cakes to be used up, too...It will be fun to watch how you quilt each one...hug Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! So nice to work on a quick project!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that came together fast! It's amazing how a group of unrelated fabrics can all come together in one quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! So glad this was a quick project! Nice change!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely as usual. I am looking for another ruler practice idea...might have a look at that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! I feel these blocks are great to try different motifs. I think the size would be great for ruler work also.

      Delete
  4. I love your Rosemary.it was a fun easy quilt. I wasnt sure if my blocks would go together and I was happy with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! It was fun to make and I never would have made it if it wasn't for you!! Thanks!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...