Wednesday, August 15, 2018

New Baby Quilt

No automatic alt text available.

Someone I work with is having a baby girl. It's her first and she needs lots of baby items. She always talks to me about sewing so I decided to make her a quilt. I needed 27 squares measuring 10" by 10".  I had a partial pack of blocks leftover from a layer cake that I had used for a previous baby quilt. I decided to add some solid fabrics to make up the difference. I used primary colors.

Image may contain: stripes

This is a Quilt in A Day pattern. You make the squares into 9 patches and then cut them down into blocks. I need to buy some fabric for the sashing and binding. It will only take me a few hours to machine quilt. It's not very large.


I had some leftover pink yarn and decided to make her a pair of baby booties. I finished one bootie this afternoon! I love quick projects!! I can't wait to give her these gifts!

6 comments:

  1. That will be such a cute baby quilt...love the primary colors...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors, they are perfect for a baby quilt. I don't think I could work up a cute little bootie in just one afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I actually made the baby bootie over 2 afternoons! They're so fast because they're seamless! So fast!!

      Delete
  3. She will love them. Love the cute bootie. I am waiting on hearing whether I need to make a girl or boy quilt so I can get started. My nieces cousin that I did the wedding sunflowers for last fall is due in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! It's so fun to make things for babies. They're small and just so cute!!

      Delete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...