Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Vintage Double Wedding Ring Quilt

No automatic alt text available.

I finished quilting my Vintage Double Wedding Ring! It's such a great feeling to have finished this quilt. My intention was to have the quilting enhance the quilt. I hope I achieved that!

No automatic alt text available.

I'm quite happy with the way the quilting came out. It's not perfect but I feel much more comfortable with feathers after spending so much time on this quilt.

Image may contain: indoor

Here's the entire quilt with excess batting and backing trimmed off. I can't wait to bind it!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting Rosemary, just perfect for these soft vintage colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous Rosemary. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty...you did such a fabulous job on that. Quilting is just right...not too much and not too little, all very balanced. I feel that’s a bit of an art in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! You wouldn't believe how puffy this quilt top was when I started working on it. It was a learning experience for me. I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Truly gorgeous quilting Rosemary-- this will look so lovely --fancy binding will be going on, too, I see by those curvey edges...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I cut out bias binding this morning. It took me forever! It's been ages since I've had to cut bias binding but it's done! Not looking forward to sewing it on!!

      Delete
  5. Your quilting is beautiful, and certainly does enhance the quilt. I’m looking forward to seeing it bound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! My bias binding is all ready. I just need to find a quiet afternoon to get it sewn on!

      Delete
  6. Just amazing! You've created an heirloom now. A scalloped edge binding will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Em! Not looking forward to that binding though!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...