Saturday, September 8, 2018

Free Motion Quilting Serendipity Star

No automatic alt text available.

I had a rare Saturday off from work today. However, my husband was scheduled to work so I ended up having the day to myself! I thought I should start quilting the Serendipity Star Table Topper which I made a while back. I spent most of the morning trying to figure out what pattern I should quilt. I have a bunch of books that I look through. I usually take one idea from one book and combine it with an idea from a different book. That's how I came up with the motif for this diamond shape. I outlined the diamond and then used a ruler to make the straight lines within the block. I used that middle seam to be my stem for my feather. I think it worked!

No automatic alt text available.

Equilateral triangles are found on both sides of the diamond shape. I found lots of triangles with quilting but none were equilateral. I liked the idea of these parallel lines on each side of the triangle. I decided to make a tight meander in the remaining space. 

No automatic alt text available.

I was going to try something different in the middle but the fabric was so busy that you just can't really see the quilting very much. I thought meandering was the was best choice.  

That was my Saturday! I got half of the table runner quilted. I also started to sew down the binding on the Double Wedding Ring quilt. I started reading a new book too! I had a pretty nice day off!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting--super idea to use the seam for the feather center...this is just a lovely piece...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's another quick project for me!

      Delete
  2. I love your choices for your quilting. Very thoughtful, and just right. Glad you had a rare Saturday off to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! It took me awhile to decide how to quilt this piece. My Saturday was quiet but nice!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful and I love your quilting design on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like a great Saturday to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the quilting on this table runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sherry! This was a fun and quick project!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...