Friday, September 28, 2018

Knit Stellaria Shawl

No automatic alt text available.

I finally blocked the Stellaria shawl I knit for my mother. I thought I should get it done since the cooler weather will be here soon. The outer edge measures around 120 inches. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is a closeup of the lace edge.

No automatic alt text available.

This picture shows you how I blocked the pointed lacy edge. You can't even see the pattern until it's blocked. The stitches are just all close together and look rather messy until they're separated .

No automatic alt text available.

Here's the shawl all pinned on my formal living room carpet!

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I had to cover the shawl with towels to keep my cats from pulling out the pins! They think it's funny to pull the pins out and run all over the house with them!


2 comments:

  1. Oh that lacey shawl is just beautiful...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I already gave it to my mom and she loves it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...