Monday, September 24, 2018

My Piecing Remedy!

No automatic alt text available.

I finally felt better today. I don't have a fever anymore but I bet this cough will be sticking with me for awhile. I wanted to sew and just get something done! I haven't worked on Carolina Chain in quite some time. I thought it would be perfect for today!

No automatic alt text available.

I decided to make 2 blocks. That means I had to make 8 almost 9-patch blocks! The hardest part is choosing the fabric. That's 56 pieces that had to be cut. The cutting takes forever!

No automatic alt text available.

Anyways, I ended up with 2 blocks. That brings my total to 20 completed blocks. I only have 52 left to make! I consider this a long term project. It's fun to use fabric left over from previous projects.It doesn't really tame my scraps at all but it's nice to pretend that it helps!

4 comments:

  1. These are such pretty blocks--it's so nice to have long term projects you can just pick up whenever...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's been awhile with this project. I had to look over the measurements and figure out what to cut. I had forgotten since it's been so long!

      Delete
  2. Nice looking blocks. Is that a Bonnie Hunter pattern? Looks like it would use up some strips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Yes, it is from Bonnie Hunter. I'm hoping to use up some of my stash. We'll see if that works!!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...