Monday, November 12, 2018

FMQ and Grid Quilting

No automatic alt text available.

I finished quilting the first row of Step Down Quilt. It's a little frustrating that these squares finished at 9 1/2 inches. It's not that easy to divide it up evenly. I'm trying the best I can. The inner square was quilted using a grid. I made wavy curve lines that remind me of sashiko. The pattern is called Plover. I used ribbon candy to quilt the sashing. I haven't decided how to quilt the dark blue sashing. I'll do that at the end. 


Image may contain: indoor

I also used a grid for this square. It's just a clamshell that off sets each row. This fabric is so busy that I wasn't sure what to do with it. This pattern seemed like it would work. 

Image may contain: indoor

Here we have very busy fabric! I quilted swirls with petals around them. 

Image may contain: indoor

This fabric was the hardest for me to quilt. I divided it into quarters, corner to corner. I quilted feathers using the edge of the square as the stem. I could barely see what I was doing! I set up my light so I could see but it was still difficult. 

I feel this quilt is great practice for me. I have a bunch of books that I leaf through and get ideas to try. I'll be starting the next row soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! You were the driving force behind this quilt. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. this is so lovely--you are an amazing quilter...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...