Saturday, December 8, 2018

Step Down Quilt Sashing

Image may contain: indoor

I have finished quilting all the blocks in the Step Down Quilt. I had originally thought I would free motion quilt some loops in the remaining "step" sashing left in the quilt. But I changed my mind and  decided to just quilt straight lines every inch or so. I thought a diagonal in the corner would be fine.

No automatic alt text available.

I wish I had decided this earlier. I could have been quilting this all along as I made my way down the quilt. Oh, well! It's not that big a deal. I should be finished with this quilt very soon! I'm still trying to finish my Christmas shopping. This time of year is so busy!!


8 comments:

  1. Looks good! I like your paisley fabric a lot, actually, I like both fabrics a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I used all scraps for this whole quilt. It doesn't look like I used up many scraps though. There's still too much stash!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilt patterns on this one..nice work
    It is so hard to keep up with our quilting plans this time of year...
    Holiday Season=run around Season...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! This time of year gets too busy! I'm happy when I can get a little sewing/quilting done. It's a treat!

      Delete
  3. Love the soft loopy quilting on the light fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That particular motif is called ribbon candy. I finally got the hang of it!

      Delete
  4. Looks great Rosemary. I am debating if I want yo make mine bigger with a border or not. Funny how I used fabrics I didn't love but the auilt I would like for my bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I thought about adding a border but decided to keep it as it is. I think the binding will "frame" the whole quilt.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...