Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hexagons Forever........

I tend to work on a few projects at a time and have decided to introduce these projects one at a time.

My hexagon project takes over my posting today. I started  making hexagons about 6 months ago. We had a guest speaker at our monthly guild meeting talk about her love of hexagons. I found so many different things appealing about these cute little flowers. They were portable, not too difficult and stash busters. How could I resist??

I bought the 1 inch papers from an on-line site and started the minute I received them in the mail. I would have thought I would have had much more done than what the picture is showing. However, I have made a quilt for my daughter and been knitting as well. Working 20 hours a week doesn't sound too bad but I just never seem to finish what I hope to do. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I attempt to work on projects but something always gets in the way. Even though my kids are away at college, they are close enough to pop in and then my plans have completely changed.

Also, I had a plan on how I was going to make these hexagons. I made a two-toned hexagon and surrounded it with the usual 1 piece hexagon which would give me a total of 7 hexagon flowers to make. I did that twice and put the 2 larger pieces together. While working on my 3rd set of hexagons, I realized my plan was not going to work. If I added my 7-hexagon flower piece to the existing larger piece, I would have had gaps between some of the flowers. I didn't intend this to happen so I salvaged what I could and moved on. I am currently making one full hexagon flower and adding it individually to the existing larger piece.

Guess things don't always work out as planned. I suppose we've all figured that one out at some point in our lives. We just have to learn, adapt and keep going!

I plan on working on my modern quilt later. I will show pictures on my next posting. I am almost done knitting a small blanket for my family room. I will show pictures of a nice finished blanket in the future. I just love to finish something. Such a great feeling!

It's raining here in Massachusetts today so it should be a good day to get things done. But we all know what happens when we plan something. Who knows what I'll really do today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...