Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Works in progress


Just wanted to post my latest practice piece for the Free Motion Quilting Challenge. I'm getting there but I find it difficult to find time to practice. My kids are still home on break but will be back at school this weekend. I'm hoping that will free up more time for me. I'd like my leaves to be a bit closer together and not so spread out. There seems to be so much to think about while machine quilting but I do think it's fun. I would love to finish one of my quilts with something other than an allover meandering pattern. I think I have a lot of practicing left to do!

I'm also working on a baby quilt for a co-worker. It's going together much faster than I thought. The sashing is taking more time than the actual block! Her baby shower is in a month and I hope to have it done by then. Hope she really is having a girl! When I was pregnant, ultrasound wasn't so reliable but she claims it's definitely a girl. Hope so!! I would feel bad to see a little boy with a pink quilt over him!!

4 comments:

  1. Your leaves are looking great, Rosemary! I haven't practiced anymore and don't plan to until I can get my machine set up properly to do FMQ. I know I will love it based on just trying it out that one time. In the meantime, I'm going to be working on my BOMs.
    Your baby quilt is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby quilt is lovely--the narrow sashing really looks great. No long posts or comments as my L thumb is in a support--turns out I have tendonitis...am still able to machine piece though....Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing a fine job Rosemary!!! Practice is the most important thing..and you are....Have fun!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaves look very nice. I also like the deep colors and pattern in your fabric. I'm learning too - the practice really does help build confidence....

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...