I tried making feathers a little differently this time. My intent was to fill the whole triangle with a graceful feather. This wasn't very easy for me. That spine seemed so long while I was quilting it! So easy to veer off track. They're the first ones I had courage to try on an actual quilt. I've been practicing on a small practice piece and it seemed so much easier! The quilt is heavy and gets in the way. Due to the size, the quilt sort of drags the whole thing as I quilt.
However, I'm glad I did it. The results are not too terrible. I suppose we all have to start somewhere!
So, this is where I started. I'm hoping I only get better from now on! I'm getting so close to finishing up Blogger's BOM. It's been such a great learning experience for me. And when I'm done, I'll have another completed quilt! Love when I actually finish something. (Doesn't happen as often as I'd like!)
I'll be linking to Leah Day's blog which you can access here. There is always some amazing machine quilting going on over there!
Have a wonderful weekend!!