Monday, September 23, 2013

Christmas Gifts


I've decided to start working on some Christmas gifts early this year. I had high hopes last year but started too late. I guess I learned my lesson. I've started by making a few scarves. I love the black with gold accents. It's quite elegant but so easy to make! I'm planning on giving this to one of my childhood friends.

 
The colors came out a bit too bright on this one. It is purple but not quite as vibrant. I'm hoping to give this scarf to my friend's college age daughter. I love how popular scarves have become. If you're thinking of making one, Jo-Ann's has a ton of new ruffled yarn. They're even in Christmas colors! I may have to buy a few more. These are always great to have in your stash. They can be made in as little as an afternoon.
 

While I've been busily knitting on the couch, Lily has been watching me and taking her usual cat naps! What a life!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I also talk about Christmas gifts every year but never start early enough to actually finish anything by Christmas. The scarves are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy to run out of time during holiday season! Hope I can get more done!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you whipped one of those up in an afternoon? Must have been something very good on TV. :-)
    I've been thinking Christmas myself today, not because I'm creating gifts but because I am preparing fabrics for a Christmas table topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, can't wait to see what you're making! I'm working on the ornaments to applique on the bargello table runner. May take awhile!

      Delete
  3. nice to get a jump start on the holiday. and who wouldn't love a pretty scarf? great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarves...you are getting a real jump on the Holiday thing--good for you!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...