I just finished sewing down the binding on this quilt I made for my daughter's friend. The pattern was from the Fat Quarter Shop. It used charm packs and was called Charm Pack Cherry Quilt. (Very appropriate!) I just have to slap a label on it and give it a nice washing. I'm hoping she likes it!
Here's some detail on the quilting.
I used the scroll flower quilting pattern that I learned from Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures. I really like the way it came out. Every once in awhile, I would have a little area too small for a flower so I added a leaf. It worked out very nicely. The scroll flower was quilted on the inner portion of the quilt. I stitched in the ditch where I sewed the border.
This was the quilt that I used the 505 adhesive spray to hold the layers together. I loved it! The layers stayed together very nicely. I loved being able to quilt and not have to take any pins out. I plan on using it again. I had no problems whatsoever using the spray in place of pins. I think I actually quilted this quilt faster since I could build up some speed and not have to slow down to remove pins.