Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Downton Abbey

 



I'm hand sewing the binding down on the Dresden Plate quilt. I feel as though that project is just about finished. .Doesn't that mean I can start a new project??  Well, I did anyways! I had bought fabric from the Downton Abbey fabric collection. I bought it last year not really knowing what I was going to make with it. When I saw this pattern, I thought it would be a nice way to use my fat quarters.


These blocks are nice and easy to make. And they're fast! They finish as 8.5 inches square. I made 5 blocks this afternoon. I've already cut out the next 5. I have to make 50 blocks total. The quilt finishes at 72" X 85.5". I don't think this quilt will take me too long. The holidays will keep me from working on it. Other than that, I expect to be done quickly! So nice!!


Here's the best part, the backing! I love that castle!  I expect this to be a fun project. And with the next season of  Downton Abbey about to begin in the US, it's so appropriate!

I'm still Christmas shopping. I'm almost done but I still have a few trips left. So glad shopping is almost over. Baking and cooking to follow!

6 comments:

  1. I've been watching repeats of Season 4 to get ready for Season 5. I like your method of preparation....start a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric Rosemary I have the fat quarter bundle from Sample Spree when I went to market last October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? I love the patterns on the fabrics even though the colors are somewhat subtle.

      Delete
  3. Lovely project and the backing is perfect--can't wait for the next season of Downton to begin...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to the next season too! I'll be in the spirit of things while making this quilt!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...