Sunday, February 8, 2015

Monster Quilt!


Thanks to the bad weather, I finished machine quilting my mom's quilt today! My pictures didn't come out very good. Unfortunately, this quilt is too big to capture. I stood on the coffee table in my family room and I still couldn't get the whole thing!


I stood on the hassock for this picture. Anyways, you get the idea! I must admit that it's nice and flat. The meandering brings a little more cohesiveness to the entire quilt. I used two different variegated King Tut threads. My mom is already looking forward to putting this on her bed. It measures 95" by 105".


I already started making my binding. I'm using the backing fabric as the binding. It's from Connecting Threads. It's a nice blue denim color. (Can't tell that in this picture either!) I think it will complement the quilt top very nicely.

Another snowstorm is coming. This one is supposed to be a long duration event. In other words, it's going to snow until Tuesday morning. That's okay. I have plenty to do! Hope everyone stays safe and warm through the storm!

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting a little giggle picturing you standing on your coffee table to get a photo. :-)
    The finished quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look pretty silly! Just finished binding it. Now time to hand sew! Almost done!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...