Friday, February 20, 2015

Reversible Tote




I found a very neat pattern for a Reversible Tote at the Very Shannon website. I had never been to this site before and loved what I saw! Lots of great patterns. I decided to make the tote bag. I thought if I was successful, I could make these as gifts. I loved the idea that the tote was reversible and that the whole look could be changed. 
 
I decided to use batting and machine quilt the fabric instead of using interfacing. It really worked out well. I used two different fabrics that coordinated well. The fabrics I chose are from the Persimmon line by Basic Grey.
 
 

This is one half of the bag. I love this floral print.


My daughter loved this fabric. It sort of looks like arrows.  (Ignore my slippers!)


This was the hardest part for me. I had to topstitch the two layers together. It's only 1/4". Next time, I would make that a little bit wider. I had stray pieces of fabric peeking out. I tried topstitching a second time but would have preferred not to do that. 


I thought you might like to get a look into the inside of the tote. Of course, it's different depending which side you're using!
 


Such a fun project! Very quick! Think of all that fabric in your stash that could become an adorable tote bag!

10 comments:

  1. Really neat bag--like the black side too (I mean who can't use a black bag??) . Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was a fun little project to make!

      Delete
  2. Came out great! Looks like it would make a nice bag for a knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I thought it looked like a knitting bag too!

      Delete
  3. Nice looking bag! You never have too many totes! I love all of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanie! I have quite a few but they're just so useful! So nice to hear from you again!

      Delete
  4. Good sized tote bag - I could certainly use one of these - must get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes great gifts and uses up your stash very nicely!

      Delete
  5. good looking tote. I may have to make some for me. hmmm.....where did I stash those larger pieces of fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun to make! Put that stash to good use!

      Delete

Slab Runner Quilted

Here's my slab table runner. I'm enjoying the process of sewing down the binding. It's a great excuse to watch television! ...