Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Quilt as Desired!




I've reached that stage where my Downton Abbey quilt is all ready to be quilted but I'm not sure what to do! I doodled on paper for a little while until I found a few ideas I liked. I also wanted to try and make a secondary design within the block.

The above design is what I came up with. The Ladies of Downton Abbey is made up of the uneven 9 patch block. I stitched 2 blocks on fabric and marked the quilting I had decided on. It's always easier when quilting a small sample as opposed to a full sized quilt. I'll have to mark each block but I'm going to do that as I move around the quilt. I'm pretty sure that I'll end up with this design. I will quilt a little slower and be more careful when I'm doing the real thing! I think I like it! (Still trying to decide for sure!)

6 comments:

  1. OMG Rosemary your quilting is coming along beautifully I love the design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took so long to figure out what to do! Thanks, Sally! I think I'm going to just do it!

      Delete
  2. Great job with your design choice and quilting. I always struggle with what design to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to decide what to do!! I'm still not 100% sure that's what I'm going to end up doing!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...