Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Quilt as Desired!




I've reached that stage where my Downton Abbey quilt is all ready to be quilted but I'm not sure what to do! I doodled on paper for a little while until I found a few ideas I liked. I also wanted to try and make a secondary design within the block.

The above design is what I came up with. The Ladies of Downton Abbey is made up of the uneven 9 patch block. I stitched 2 blocks on fabric and marked the quilting I had decided on. It's always easier when quilting a small sample as opposed to a full sized quilt. I'll have to mark each block but I'm going to do that as I move around the quilt. I'm pretty sure that I'll end up with this design. I will quilt a little slower and be more careful when I'm doing the real thing! I think I like it! (Still trying to decide for sure!)

6 comments:

  1. OMG Rosemary your quilting is coming along beautifully I love the design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took so long to figure out what to do! Thanks, Sally! I think I'm going to just do it!

      Delete
  2. Great job with your design choice and quilting. I always struggle with what design to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to decide what to do!! I'm still not 100% sure that's what I'm going to end up doing!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...