Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sewing Cat

 
I'm finally done with Sewing Cat, a pattern by Edyta Sitar. After machine quilting, I had to add a few little embellishments. I usually don't add anything after quilting so it took me a little while to figure out what to do.
 

I finally gave the poor kitty some eyes! I actually tried to copy the shape of the iris by looking at one of my cats! Their irises are sort of diamond shaped, not round like ours. I've had 2 cats with green eyes so I went with that color.  My younger cat, Molly, has one black whisker. That was added in her honor.I embroidered the whiskers after studying Lily's whiskers. They have a nice gentle curl to them. The cat is gray in memory of our cat, Ricky, who died almost 2 years ago.

I wanted to add pins to the pin cushion. I found these beads in my sewing basket and thought they would work just as well. I tried to add them in a random way, the way you would stick pins on any pin cushion.

And it's done! I'm going to hang it in my sewing room. It will be nice to look at it and think of my cats while I'm sewing away!

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is just so cute Love that black whisker...nice memory piece..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like that my 3 cats have a little part in the wall hanging.

      Delete
  2. Adorable! How nice that you had live models to work from!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...