Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt
I'm finished making my Farmer's Wife 1930's blocks. I opted to make 42 blocks. I will have 7 rows made up of 6 blocks each. The blocks will be set on point. I'm not making any size quilt from the book. I found the lap size quilt too small (32 blocks, 50" X 59") but the twin size too large ( 84 blocks, 78" X 95"). My quilt will be somewhere in the middle. I may also add an extra border. Time will tell exactly what size I end up making!
Here are the blocks I made since my last post.
This block is Grandmother. I feel it needs flowers in that pretty basket!
This is Tirzah on the left and Lola on the right. I love Tirzah! One of my favorites!
This is Nan and Mrs. Taft. Mrs. Taft will be used as triangle pieces when the quilt is sewn together.
This is Dolly and Heather. I think Dolly was made up of 57 pieces. (Ugh!)
Lastly, we have Doris and Mary Gray.
I chose some of these block patterns myself just to be able to finish piecing the blocks I needed. Two blocks were released each week. I knew I didn't need many more blocks so I decided to go ahead and make what I liked! The quilt along will make all 99 blocks in the book. I just had no patience left!
I plan on buying setting and backing fabric very soon! It's nice to know my 6 1/2 inch blocks are done!
Here's my slab table runner. I'm enjoying the process of sewing down the binding. It's a great excuse to watch television! ...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
I still can't really believe! Arcadia Avenue is finally done! It was a long haul but such a nice feeling to know that's it'...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...